I am an expert at bathing cats by now. I know many people laugh and joke about all the scratches and gashes a person will get away with by the time it's over, but I've never experienced it that way. Maybe it's because I grew up with no less than three cats at a time; I'm also an expert at catching a cat who is trying to run away. When your cats are the only non-parent family member you grow up living with, you learn these things.
But it still breaks my heart to do it. The way they yowl and how obviously terrified they are. Buddy actually tried to bite my husband yesterday as we were bathing him. (Pathetically -- he didn't really try to injure.) And how scared they are of you when all is said and done.
It made me want to cry, honestly. I don't know how the hell I'm going to handle children.
If you give a cat a bath...
by amanda on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 email this | Q
Labels: catblogging, personal