I wouldn't be fucking surprised.
God damn them. I grew up with these children. My late elementary school years were spent in a school way out in county land, attended mostly by the children of the immigrants at Linell Camp, who worked the fields day to night -- I was one of two white students in my grade. What the fuck did they do wrong? They came to school and they worked their hardest and I can say, having graduated with several of them, that they damn well made something of themselves by your standards. Their parents worked much harder than most of us ever will, and they lived in homes the size of my closet on a fenced-in campground, surviving on anemic wages. And they lived in fucking fear because of actions like this.
Immigration is not an economic issue. It is a human rights issue.
Are Immigration Authorities Going After School Children?
by amanda on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 email this | Q
Labels: home, immigration, justice, race